Students during examinations


I woke up early, freshen, prepared breakfast and left for school as usual. It is summer and quite hot at Paro. Students are having midterm exams. After assembly an exam starts.
I went to one of the classrooms where class eleven arts and class twelve commerce students were sitting for an examination.
The moment I entered the classroom, students remained silent with their head low. It seems they were recalling what they have memorized and trying to write on the table so that they won’t forget later. After five minutes, I distributed the question papers followed by answer sheets. I announced them that first fifteen minutes is to be spending for reading the question papers.
Exactly at 9:00AM, writing exams start. Some students were still reading an essay while others started writing. Everyone seems excited as if they knew everything or else the questions contain whatever they have read.
After an hour, some students asked for additional answer sheets whereas some students were lost in the middle. I went around making sure that all the students are writing. I found a student who has written only half page in half an hour. He was lost and seems he had not studied anything or maybe he have studied but did not come that studied portion in an exam.
After two hours, some students were done with writing while some students were frequently yarning and about to fall sleep with two and half page answers. I wondered, is that answers for hundred marks or he did not complete his question answers.
Some students were simply moving their lips as if they were trying hard to reminisce what teacher have taught in the class and few students staring at the window putting their hands on the head to reminisce what they have studied.
I remembered my days back then. Once I was in front of the class topper and saw him exchanging question papers with another topper. I knew some toppers were simply toppers because they share their writings with other friends. The hardest part of an exam is, you burn mid-night candle and that does not come in an exams. Sadly I was watching them exchanging their papers and how I wish I could also exchange my papers with toppers so that I can also be a topper. Anyway this is a dream of students who haven’t studied but want help form their friends.
I took a hold of a chair and sat beside door watching students like a busy bees.
Finally it was a warning bell. I said, “Those who finished writing you can leave the hall and others please tie your papers”. Students started leaving the hall. The final bell rang. “Please everyone leave the classroom”, this is what I said. I started collecting all answer sheets and found the same boy still trying to write something on his answer sheet. He said,” madam please give me five minutes to write”. I said him how I wish to permit him but rule cannot be broken.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams become reality

Karma Academy marked three auspicious day_64th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty The Fourth Druk Gyalpo, Childrens' Day and awards day.