HEART OF A TEACHER


I entered a class. I saw all the students making fun of each other and laughing loud. I was annoyed looking at them and started scolding them. I said, ‘Why you all always make me scold? I don’t feel good to scold you all’. Students were silent. I warned them and said them to be punctual, sincere and be silent even though the teachers may not be in. The class remained silent. 
Next day, I was late to class by 5 minutes. I was running up to the class. I could notice silence of the students. I thought to myself that, my scolding has worked and changed them. I knocked on the door and asked them to open the door. Someone opened the door and I saw a student with a stick in his hand, standing next to the door and asking me the reason why I was late to the class? Other students were laughing hard. I was nervous and could not reply him. I said, ‘I am sorry, I had class in class xi’. They not only made me understand the importance of respecting our feelings but also they made me realize that, we are human beings and we learn through mistake.
Teachers often feel that, students have problems but we don’t realize that we have our own share of problems as well. Teachers want their students to behave well in the class; students should be active, disciplined, interactive, and silent, participate in the class and should respect their teachers. But what if teachers don’t respect the feelings of the students? Will that be fair?
Today students are not only consumers of knowledge but producers of knowledge as well. If your profession is by force then you cannot change anything but if you come by choice then automatically you enjoy the profession.
When we see others behavior, we forget ours. Teachers are in school to teach the students to grow with the knowledge, moral values that determines their own lives and teach them to stand on their own feet. Don’t simply control them because we don’t like when someone control us. This is the fact of lives and the very existence. Be a passionate teacher and give them some instructional wisdom that changes lives of students in a positive way.
If students don’t listen you or irritate you, politely ask them to be silent till you finish teaching and give them a separate minutes for interactions where students can openly share their opinions, views and ideas.
When students disturb me, I can’t think properly, and when I can’t think properly I can’t teach properly. I forget what actually am I teaching and my pronunciation gets stuck. I remembered my PD programme, he said, ‘Honey catches more flies than sugar and chilies”. Exactly and I do believe it. I teach my students the way I am.
Behind every smile, there will be sadness, sufferings, troubles and unhappiness but in front of the future leaders always teach them to be somebody in future. Don’t react in front of students, take a deep breath and remain calm. Give chance to misbehaving students to share their opinions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Students during examinations

Dreams become reality

Karma Academy marked three auspicious day_64th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty The Fourth Druk Gyalpo, Childrens' Day and awards day.